Friday, June 15, 2018

Sesshin

People begin to arrive for the sesshin that will open the Ango. Look like a core group of five that will be here for the whole ango and about 15 registered for the weekend sesshin. looks like it will be a good group. I am struggling a bit to keep up with the easy schedule before everything starts. I will see how I will hold up to the more rigorous schedule to come. I am sitting in a chair which makes 40 minute zazen periods pretty much a rest time. I am surprised how much more focused I am after meditating through surgery recovery. It seems just being is more natural to me now than it was in my younger days. love the birds and even the noisy cows after my time in the desert SW. I am just soaking in all the green and spending as much time as I can forest bathing.The practice is returning gradually to my memory after 19 years away from the temple it takes a while to recover all the details.It is comforting in its familiarity though and I am getting harmonized with the flow of the days.